Simple & gourmet, these bites are simply irresistible. All this with ginger and its slightly spicy taste, and lemon, which goes perfectly with spirulina to give a note of sweet & tangy freshness! This recipe is also available as an energy bar, perfect for taking with you wherever you go to fill up on energy and essential micro-nutrients during your workout.
– 100g shredded coconut
– 100g oat bran or rolled oats -15ml coconut oil
– 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup
– 40g fresh spirulina (or 2 tablespoons spirulina powder; or 2 tablespoons chlorella powder)
– Lime zest
– 1 teaspoon ginger
– Melt the coconut oil for 30 seconds in a microwave or bain-marie.
– Pour the coconut oil, oat bran or oat flakes into a bowl with the honey.
– Place spirulina in a bowl and cover with water, then stir and pour into the bowl.
– Add coconut oil and stir until smooth.
– Form into small balls and set aside in the fridge for a few hours.
Variation: If you don’t have the time, roll out the dough in a dish (1 cm thick), set aside in the fridge for a few hours and cut into small squares or bars.